Byron Wood Primary School Vision:
‘Our Vision is to provide an inclusive environment where children participate, reach their potential and are proud of their achievements. All children will: gain experiences which enrich their lives, become responsible members of society and be ready for secondary school.’
- Byron Wood opened in 1931, as Burngreave Secondary
- In 1969, Byron Wood became a middle school
- In 1991, Byron Wood amalgamated with Ellesmere Nursery to become Byron Wood Primary School
- In 2016, Byron Wood Primary School became Byron Wood Primary Academy, as part of the Reach4 Academy Trust.
The school is built on a hill around two quadrangles. It has a split level with the foundation stage and Y1s based downstairs and the Y2s – Y6s upstairs. Most people’s first reaction to the school is, “It’s like a tardis!”
Many changes have taken place to the physical environment of the school over the past 10 years. This is to make it more appropriate for teaching children in the primary phase.